Saturday, August 31, 2013

Book ideas?

Reading books...
Not going to lie. I am in no way a book reader, or anything of the sort. If I have never seen a word in written form before I have NO IDEA how to pronounce it! That is how bad my reading is. But today during one of Melody's Naps I came across this show on MTV called Girl Code.

It's a show that has very diverse but very secular and vulgar women (and some men), giving advice and tips to very young women on life. BUT EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND SEX. It's just sad the advice they tell children. They may claim they aren't broadcasting for children but the particular episode I watched was information about getting your period. I'm sorry but WHAT?!?!? It's just completely unnecessary! What are we teaching our society?! Then the other day I was talking with my mom about scripture. She brought to my attention a verse where during the Crucifixion Jesus spoke about what I can only assume is our time. 

"Large numbers of people followed him, and women too, who mourned and lamented for him.
But Jesus turned to them and said, 'Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep rather for yourselves and for your children.
For look, the days are surely coming when people will say, "Blessed are those who are barren, the wombs that have never borne children, the breasts that have never suckled!"
Then they will begin to say to the mountains, "Fall on us!"; to the hills, "Cover us!"
For if this is what is done to green wood, what will be done when the wood is dry?'"
Luke 23:27-31

We are in those times. Today people look to pregnancy in horror and motherhood as a curse. Our society has been brainwashed into thinking that if you get pregnant your life is OVER. And to most women, breastfeeding is just unthinkable and just repulsive. This is the world we live in and its just heart braking to see. 

Soooo... How does this involve books? 
Long story short.
I'm sick of what's on TV all the time. I want to start reading more. 
GIVE ME BOOK IDEAS!!! :D 
*Preferable nothing stupid like Harry Potter or Twilight. -Thanks 

No comments:

Post a Comment